GO BACK

LOGO NEW WAY OF COFFE.png
apontes .png
colombian coffee partner

Wild berries, sugarcane, orange peel, and vanilla notes.

IMG_1871.JPG
 

PROCESS

This coffee is one of the jewels guarded and produced by the Inga tribe, in the town of El Tablon-Aponte in Nariño They have developed very high standards to produce honey processed coffees, which is around 80% of their production leaving only 20% to be washed process! For this lot, we were able to connect with the family Chilito, to be able to start working with some of the highest parts of Aponte`s coffee production, and released our Aponte`s Guardians with a Honey process of 24 hours of fermentation, which is in honor of the relentless effort of the Inga`s tribe to preserve and take care of the earth making them "The Guardians" of their lands.

ORIGIN:
NARIÑO
PROCESS:
HONEY
VARIETY:
BLEND
ALTITUDE:
1800-2100 MT
apontes honey.png
apontes honey.png

PRODUCER

INGA'S TRIBE

FARM:
APONTE
TRAIL:
EL TABLON

HISTORY

In the Southeast of Colombia, in the region of Nariño, is where the Inga tribe lives in Aponte, which comes from the Inca civilization which expanded a long time ago by the Andes trails. This indigenous community has very strong pillars towards the mother earth and preserving the wildlife and their customs, it`s a region that was strongly hit by the "Guerillas" in the past, and had many difficulties staying ahead of all these problems. Nonetheless, Aponte has become very famous for their production of Coffee, and most of all for their honey processes, which has brought a whole new face to their name and many opportunities to grow and preserve their lands in the best way possible. When we had the opportunity to visit them, we had the pleasure of understanding how important it is to be "the Guardians" of the earth, which as said by them, is the main reason for having good health, good family, and told by us "Very good coffee". This is our first time being able to work hand in hand with the Inga`s coffee farmers, and we are looking forward to expanding this beautiful way of producing coffees with a focus on preserving the earth.

LOOKING FOR MORE OPTIONS?